Here are some of our most frequently asked questions when it comes to being a landlord with Open House Morley. If you don’t find the answer you are looking for you can contact us here or call us on 0113 436 4360

No Problem at all, we offer a range of property marketing packages at competitive rates to suit all needs with no obligation to have your property managed by us.  Contact us today for more information and a free, no obligation rental appraisal.

The Tenancy Deposit Scheme came into force on the 6th April 2007.  If you are not protecting a tenant’s deposit you will be ordered to repay three times the amount to the tenant.  You can register the deposit yourself with one of the approved schemes or Open House can register the tenant’s deposit with the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme) and provide the details to the tenant within 14 days.

It is highly advisable to have an accurate and up to date inventory for all let properties as in the event of a dispute the inventory provides evidence to support the Landlord’s or Tenant’s case, making disputes quicker and easier to resolve.

With documented evidence of the condition of the property tenants are also more likely to look after the property well and spend extra time cleaning and making any repairs before moving out so they can re-claim their entire deposit.

An EPC is a detailed report on the energy efficiency of a property.  All landlords are required to have an EPC for their property prior to letting it out and they are valid for 10 years.

A gas safety certificate is required to ensure all gas appliances, pipes and flues are in safe working order.  This must be carried out by a Gas Safe Register engineer every 12 months.

From 1st October 2015 all rental properties are required to have a smoke alarm fitted to each storey of the property and a carbon monoxide monitor in each room which contains a solid fuel burning combustion appliance.

Landlords are under a duty to ensure that the risk of exposure to tenants, residents and visitors by Legionella is properly assessed and controlled.

It is also the landlords responsibility to ensure that any electrical devices in the property are safe to use and any furniture should comply with Fire and Safety Regulations.

Looking to Let? Open House Morley can help...