Here are some of our most frequently asked questions when it comes to buying your house with Open House Morley. If you don’t find the answer you are looking for you can contact us here or call us on 0113 436 4360
- Find a property: Research the area, speak to estate agents and search websites.
- Put in an offer: Tell the seller what you’re willing to pay and any conditions.
Offer to exchange: typically 2 to 8 weeks
- Offer accepted: Now you will need to get a survey to check the property’s condition. Your solicitor checks any legal issues.
- Exchange: You pay your deposit and can’t back out without major cost.
Exchange to sale: Can be same day as exchange up to 4 weeks
- Completion: You hand over the rest of the cash in exchange for the keys and deeds. Congratulations, the property’s now legally yours!
It will vary depending on the solicitor you choose to use. Our expert conveyancers ensure a seamless end-to-end conveyancing solution for a fixed fee of just £600 inc VAT plus disbursements.
Example for purchase of a property at £300,000
You pay nothing below £125,000, which is £0
You pay 2% on between £125,000 and £250,000, which is £2,500
You pay 5% on the value of the property above £250,000, which is £2,500
So in total this means you’ll pay £5,000 (£0+£2,500+£2,500).